2020 Central Regional Meeting Call for Abstracts
The call for papers for the 2020 Central Regional Meeting has been issued. The meeting will take place on May 27-29 in Columbus, OH at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Details, including names and contact information for program and session chairs, can be found on the meeting website at https://cerm2020.org/. The final program summary will be published in C&EN in the Spring; the online program will be available on April 13.
The meeting theme is “Envision Tomorrow’s Chemistry” and will highlight emerging chemical discoveries and advances as we enter the next decade. In addition to 33 technical symposia and poster sessions, the symposium will feature 1 plenary and 4 keynote lectures.
Symposium sessions include:
- Innovations in Catalysis for Chemical Transformations;
- Electrocatalysis for Sustainable Energy;
- At the Forefront of Nucleic Acids Biology;
- Cytoskeleton: from Self- to Cell Organization;
- Synthesis Methods and Structural Characterization of Energy Materials;
- New Synthetic Methods in Alkene and C−H Functionalization;
- Building the Future through Solid-State and Nanomaterials Chemistry;
- Electrochemical Methods and Applications;
- Chemical Education;
- Entrepreneurship in Chemistry: Transforming an Idea from the Bench into a Business;
- New Approaches to Chemical Health and Safety;
- Design and Delivery of Next Generation Therapeutics;
- At the Interface of Chemistry and Art;
- Ligand Design for Homogeneous Transition Metal Chemistry;
- New Advances in Porous and Polymeric Materials;
- Probing Dynamics in Molecules, Materials, and Interfaces;
- Undergraduate Symposium;
- Redox Chemistries of First-Row Metals and their Synthetic Applications;
- Data Science in Chemical Research;
- Anthropogenic Impacts on Climate and the Environment;
- Biological and Biomimetic Materials;
- Characterization and Processing of Polymer Composites;
- Women in Chemistry;
- NMR in Quantitative Biophysics and Biology;
- Communicating Chemistry; and
- Biobased Materials for Industry.
Also, we will have general contributed sessions in the different subdivisions of chemistry along with poster sessions.
Abstracts for both oral and poster presentations will be accepted from January 13th, 2020 to March 2nd, 2020. Both invited and contributed presentations are encouraged. Please submit abstracts using the ACS Meeting Abstracts Programming System at (maps.acs.org)